Defence Against Mosquitoes in SingaporeMay 12, 2023
Learn More About Aedes Mosquitoes in SingaporeMay 19, 2023
Expert Guide to Prevent Mosquito Bite and Breeding
Known as the biggest hunters of humankind, Mosquitos have killed more people than any other animals in the world. They are the number 1 carrier of Mosquito borne diseases like Malaria, dengue, yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis, and chikungunya. Mosquitoes have adapted to almost every kind of water mass situation. Such as ponds, temporary puddle water or pools, drainage and water collected in tree holes, leaves plants, or plastic containers.
It is an exception for flowing streams and open water of large drainage, rivers, seas and oceans where movement is constant. Although they seem rather active, the pupae and Mosquito larvae do not feed. The Male Adults Mosquitoes feed on nectar solely. Most of the Females Mosquito species require a blood meal before they can start to lay fertile eggs.
Females requires approximately 2 days to digest the blood meal. They then lay a batch of eggs and then seek for another batch of blood meal. The specific time in which bite occurs may sometimes varies with the species. Several species of Mosquitoes with medical importance bite only during the daytime like the Asian Tiger Mosquito (Aedes) and Anopheles Mosquito.
Another species the Yellow fever Mosquito (Aedes Aegypti) usually comes out to bites during the day and also at dawn until dusk. There are plenty of Pest Control Companies and ways to prevent Mosquitoes Infestation. Ultimately Innovative Pest Control Services is the best Mosquito Control in Singapore to get rid of Mosquito problems effectively.
How to Prevent Mosquitoes from Entering your Home and Commercial Property
Ways to Stop Mosquito Breeding
- Eliminate stagnant water in rain gutters frequently, old tires, buckets, plastic covers or any other container where mosquitoes can breed. A puddle of water just 20 cents in size is enough for an Aedes Mosquito to begin breeding.
- Empty or change the water fountains, kids pools, rain barrels, and flowerpot trays once a week to destroy potential Mosquito habitats. This helps fight against dengue fever and reduce the Mosquito population.
- Having a well-managed water system in your house can help prevent Mosquito breeding. Besides the rain, the other common water source in our property are from faucets and pipes. Leaks in pipes and faucets can collect into puddles and should be well maintained.
- Change water in vases daily as they can lay their eggs in as little as a bottle cap of water. It can be very difficult to get rid of every single source of standing water around the premises. So it’s important to know that Innovative Pest Control Services provides the help you need.
- Mosquitoes will often take refuge in debris that may be lying around your premises, often collecting rain water suitable for breeding. To prevent Aedes Mosquito bites you need to firstly take note of their common breeding ground.
- Most commonly ignored part of a property is the gutter. They are difficult to access and usually pile up with leaves, dirt and traps water. Clogged gutters can collect water that becomes an ideal breeding grounds for Mosquitoes.
- Spray lemongrass essential oil natural repellents on long-sleeved loose fitting shirts and long pants to prevent from bites. The scent will repel Mosquitoes, which can be helpful to get rid of Mosquitoes inside the house in a confined space.
- Mosquito net is one of the most effective defence against Mosquito. It helps get rid of Mosquito in the room, as there will not be any blood meal for them. This will give you the rest you need through the night without worrying of buzzing sounds.
- Mosquito Traps and Mosquito Fogging methods have been proven to kill Mosquitoes outside or outdoors. Mosquito Misting is a better alternative to kill mosquito in room or indoors. You may contact our Innovative Pest Control Specialist to find out more on the best solution for your Mosquito infestation problem.
How to Get Rid of Mosquito Bites?
- As the Mosquito feeds, it injects saliva into your skin. Your body then reacts to the saliva, resulting in swelling and itching. You can reduce the swelling by to washing with soap and water then apply Calamine Lotion, Hydrocortisone Cream or Aloe Vera.
- To get rid of Mosquito bites on face fast, apply a mixture of baking soda and water. This can help reduce the itch. Do not scratch the insect bites as this can lead to an infection. Natural insect repellents scents can be used as an essential oil on your skin to help keep Mosquitoes away.
- An inflamed, itchy, painful swell often referred to as skeeter syndrome is commonly mistaken for a bacterial infection. Skeeter syndrome is result from an allergic reaction as our immune system rejects the proteins in the Mosquito saliva. If the itch is a problem, try a non-prescribed, non-sedating antihistamine such as cetirizine. (Children’s Zyrtec Allergy, Zyrtec Allergy)
- Rubbing alcohol on Mosquito bite “weakens” the proteins from Mosquito’s saliva. It clears away the itch and swell that your immune system would normally react to. Rubbing alcohol swab also has a soothing and cooling effect.