6 Signs of an Ants InfestationJuly 14, 2023
Checklist for Moving into Your New HomeAugust 17, 2023
The Expert Guide to Prevent Ants & Home Remedies
Ants play a major important role in our natural ecosystems. They are omnivorous and most type of Ants can live in a huge range of habitats. They typically build Ant nest underground, contributing to nutrient cycle, seed disperse, and scavenger of dead organisms as food source. They are a major predators to arthropods and small invertebrates, this includes pests, like crop feeding caterpillars or ticks.
Communication is necessary in order to coordinate the Ant activities within their Ant colony. They commonly give out a chemical signal produces called pheromones. Some of the pheromones includes a queen pheromone, that allows workers to trail and mark paths between the nest and food. And the alarm pheromones will prepare Ants to disperse and/ or attack.
The most common Ants in Singapore are Weaver Ants, Pharaoh Ants, Ghost Ants, Crazy Ants and Carpenter Ants. Understanding the natural Ant behaviour patterns from the various other types of Ants will help you achieve the best Ant Control. Ultimately, Innovative Pest Control Services is the best Ant Control Company in Singapore to help get rid of your Ants problems.
How to Prevent Ants from Entering your Home and Commercial Property
Ways to Stop Ants Infestation
It is not a surprise to commonly see an Ants infestation in the kitchen. After all, the kitchen is always full of food and water, everything an Ants and other pests requires to survive. The toilet, bedroom, living hall and around the air conditioning units are areas known to attract Ants.
Repair Leaking Pipe
Reduce moisture and standing water within the premises will help to prevent Ants. Repair pipes leakage, and regularly check under the sinks for areas with liquid. Use a dehumidifier in damp spaces and ensure that gutters are clear so that water flows away from the premises.
Store and Clear Food Sources
Maintain cleanliness in the kitchen will help to discourage Ants from coming into your home. Regularly wipe down the kitchen top and sweeping of floors to eliminate crumbs and spills. Store food in air tight sealed containers, and keep ripe fruit in the chiller and wipe down sticky jars. And finally, use a firm lid on the garbage cans and dispose trash as often possible.
Clean After Your Pets
Their food and water bowls will attract pests, keep pet bowls clean and clean up any spilled food or water frequently. Store pet food in a tight plastic container instead of the bags they usually come in. Remember that Ants are small little insects that can fit through any tiny holes.
Eliminate Entry Points
Take your time and inspect thoroughly within the exterior of your premises for easy entry point. Trees need to be trim often to avoid touching the home creating an entryway for Ants. Seal cracks and crevices from the outside of the premises with silicone caulk. Pay extra attention to areas where utility pipes enter.
Avoid Do-It-Yourself Methods
Without the proper trainings and skills, battling an Ants infestation can be a never-ending battle. An infestation can grow to a bigger scale if it is not properly handle and treated. Some species of Ants can lead to causing serious property damage like the Carpenter Ants.
If you find Ants in your home, Innovative Pest Control will be able to identify the Ant species. Locate the entry points and advise the best Ant killer Singapore treatment to solve your infestation problem.
How to Get Rid of Ants at Home?
- Diatomaceous Earth is a silica made of fossil remains from the aquatic organisms, a type of plankton. It is not a poison but can kill Ants and other insects by absorbing the oils in their skeletons. Eventually causing them to dry out and since it can cause irritation avoid breathing in or getting it on your skin.
- Glass Cleaner or Liquid Detergent method can help to remove the scent and deter the Ants from re-entering your premises. Ants leaves a scent trail behind as they walk, which acts as a map. Mixing the glass cleaning spray with liquid detergent into a spray bottle. Spray on the areas that Ants trail and gently wipe off leaving a light residue effect.
- Ground Black or Red Cayenne Pepper naturally Deter Ants, for insects finds the strong smell rather irritating. Sprinkle pepper powder around any surfaces and behind kitchen appliances. The Anecdotal evidence have proven that this is a safest way to help keep Ants at bay.
- Peppermint is an affective natural Ant repellent that will effectively deter Ants and a few other insects, such as mosquitoes. Mixing twenty droplets of peppermint oil with two cups of water and then into a spraying bottle. Spray around the premises and allow the mixture to dry and repeat when necessary. Just like the rest of the essential oils, keep peppermint oil out of reach of pets.
- White Vinegar has a natural cleaning agent when mixed part water one to one vinegar and water and soak cotton balls. Ants can scent the vinegar even after it has dry up, and the smell may not last long for most people.
- Boiling water If you notice any Ant holes near your premises, pour boiling water into it. This method will immediately kill most of the Ants inside the nest. Anthills may appear small, but the Ant colonies residing underneath it are in big numbers. Locate to find and treat all the Ant nest within the premises.
- Corn starch are found at any groceries stores and effective method to smother a group of Ants at one time. The way is to deliberately pour corn starch over the group of Ants and add water on top. The result will be dead Ants stuck on the corn starch which you can easily clean up.
- Another way is to cover the Ants with corn starch and vacuum them up and dispose in the sealed vacuum bag immediately.
If Do-It-Yourself Method Do Not Work
Ant Control Specialist
Bait Ant Traps contain pesticides in an enclosed Ant gel form are most preferred method for Terro Ant killer over spraying. The Ant bait work by attracting them to eat the Ant poison and eventually brought to their nests. The Ant killer gel will spread within the nest killing the entire Ants colony.
If your main concern is chemicals, ask the Specialist what substances they typically use in Ant treatments before having the treatment. There are a few type of treatment available to tackle the an Ant infestation problem. Ultimately Innovative Pest Control Services is your best bet to rid of Ants problem permanently.