Pest Control For Building and Construction Site
Innovative Pest Management guarantee result in the shortest time possible. We dedicate ourselves to ensure that your business runs smoothly without any worries about pest issues.
Prevent Work Stop Order
Building and Construction
Construction projects can be very stressful. There are many things to do pre construction like securing permits, ordering materials and hiring contractors. Getting a Pest Control service might be the least priority when in fact, construction sites have many potential issues. One of them is Mosquito breeding, without a construction site Mosquito Control, fines can reach up to thousands of dollars.
An infestation can jeopardise the entire project, driving costs to go up drastically. In the worst cases, work can stopped, causing delays that are expensive and wasteful of resources. You can prevent this from happening by engaging Innovative Pest Management. We offer Pest Control Treatment for Buildings services that will help you control any infestation.
Apply Workplace Safety and Health in Construction Site
How to Integrate Pest Control into Building and Construction Site in Singapore?
New construction can disturb pests from their natural habitat, forcing them to search for a new home. An area that provides shelter, water, and food, all the necessity for their survival. If their new home is your building premises, it will lead to major problems. Not only are pests unpleasant, they can pose serious risk to health and safety of your residents.
Cockroaches reproduce rapidly and can spread diseases by contaminating food, and even cause allergy reaction. Rats and mice carry several diseases and known to cause structural damage within the premises. Rodents gnaw on anything they can sink their teeth into such as wood, false wall, wires materials in abundance during construction.
Then there are the Subterranean Termites, famously known for causing massive structural damage if left undetected without any Termite Treatment. Termite infestation happens all too frequently and a common issue to construction sites, hence their nick name, “silent destroyer.”
Laying the Building Foundation
It is important to begin the construction process with a plan to help keep pests from negatively impacting your building site. Before starting work at any construction, make sure that you do the following safe work procedures:
- Meet Innovative Pest Management Specialist and discuss how to incorporate Pest Management into the process. It is crucial that enforcement actions for both parties to be on the same page working as a team.
- Our Specialist will assess for any pest activity within the area prior to construction job. This is to determine the preventive measures needed to help reduce pest.
- Choose a non cellulose building materials to help prevent Termites. And perform an Anti-Termite Soil Treatment during construction and avoid all wood to ground contact.
- Thoroughly examine all incoming raw materials for any signs of pests. Before bringing them to the project location.
Constructing the Framework
Once you have a plan in place, the workers can begin working in construction site. As the constructions starts and your property becomes more vulnerable to pests. Follow these tips to stay vigilant and keep pests out:
- Innovative Pest Management Specialist will set out bait and traps around building materials and the exterior of your site. This step will not only prevent National Environment Agency (NEA) fine for Mosquito breeding in construction site. It will prevent multiple Mosquito breeding habitat detected within your site that can result in as an active dengue cluster area.
- Properly grade the site according to the WSQ apply workplace safety ensuring water flows away from the structure. Moisture will attracts pests like Termites and Mosquitoes and repeat Mosquito breeding offence can be devastating.
- Remind workers to maintain the construction site rest area clean at all times. Food, trash and wood debris can attract unwanted pests and needs to be dispose of daily.
- When it is time for landscape, avoid plants that will attract pests such as fruit trees, flowering shrubs, and underground cover.
The Building Site Final Touch
Once the building is complete, you will have to make sure that it is pest proof. Work with Innovative Pest Management Specialist to incorporate tips to avoid any future pest infestations:
- Install sodium vapour lightings, which are less attractive to flying pests in areas outside instead of mercury vapour or fluorescent lightings.
- Ensure that all the doors and windows are flush against the frames. Install weather strips to avoid smaller pests from squeezing their way into your building.
- Make it a site mandatory to install half a meter of gravel strip surround the building. Rodents do not like to be in expose area and this will provide a zero cover zone. The gravel will create a rougher terrain for pests to traverse.
- Keep landscape plants at least a few feet away from the building as it can provide moisture and hide pest activities. Branches that touches the side of the building will create a passageway for pests leading into your building.
With Innovative Pest Management as a top priority from start to finish of your Building and Construction Site process. You can protect your investment from unwanted pests and build a solid reputation with tenants for many years to come.
Frequent Asked Question For Building and Construction
Equipment are everywhere, tools maybe lying around with wood debris are all over the place. Unfinished buildings have a lot of unsealed entrances which makes it easy for pests to enter. Pest infestation can ruin construction materials and pose health risks to your workers eventually, cause a delay to your project.
Insulation materials in construction sites commonly attract Rats and Mice, providing an ideal nesting ground. You can encounter Termites or Carpenter Ant that will attack wood material which will damage supporting structures or fixtures. Debris and standing water can also lure other insects like Mosquitoes.
Construction site contains numerous potential breeding areas. NEA officers will regularly conduct random spot check to look for Mosquito breeding in areas such as:
- Empty containers and building wastes, shed, and site offices
- Construction building materials, canvas, equipment, and machinery equipment
- Standing water or pool of water on the ground
- Pool of water on the concrete floors of all levels and basements grounds
- Storage drums and containers
- Bulky wastage containers
- Waterway or Trenches
- Lift wells
- Safety barriers
- Rooftops and water supply tanks
- Treatment plants
What Can You Expect
Why Choose Us
Dedicated Point of Contact
Your own personal admin will be handling your scheduling, feedback and pest related issue.
Dedicated On-The-Ground Pest Supervisor
Your own pest supervisor will be handling any re-infestation pest issue.
Our operation manager will be heading to your premises for quality control check during the duration of your contract.
Same day call back without any charges. For urgent matters, we will be in under 2 hours. That is our commitment.
Document Related Issue
All soft copy service report is updated in a dedicated server while a hardcopy will be filed up and placed in your premise. We have the know how to help you in any kind of licensing,
Pest Identification & House Keeping
Our local technician will be on hand to provide training on pest identification and the housekeeping status in order for your premise to be pest free.
Tell us all about your pest!!
We would love to hear from you!
We love to talk about ”Pest” and share our expertise. Let us know what you have encountered for us to assist you further. From getting your F&B Pest Contract to sharing your home with creepy crawlers. There are no Pest issues assign to us, that is too big or too small.
Do not hesitate to call, email or send us a text via our contact form.